Springdale Farms Water Supply Trust Acquisition Approved
Colonial Water Company (CWC) is pleased to announce that the acquisition of the Springdale Farms Water Supply Trust (SFWST) system was finalized on 6/28/18. CWC personnel have managed the daily operations of the SFWST system for more than 2 years prior to the approved acquisition. Springdale Farms residents can expect to continue to receive the same quality service that they have in the past while taking advantage of new customer service enhancements. The organization would like to officially welcome the Springdale Farms residents to Colonial Water Company.
Per DEP Regulations nonessential outside water use is only allowed two days per week from May 1st to September 30th and no Automatic Underground Sprinkler use is allowed between the hours of 5am and 9am.
CWC is hiring a Water System Operator
Colonial Water Company is currently seeking candidates for the following:
WATER SYSTEM OPERATOR
Water system operator wanted for Eastern Massachusetts. Will train the right candidate who possesses a hands-on and mechanical aptitude as well as leadership skills. Great opportunity to learn skills associated with water systems. This person must have good inter-personal and customer service skills, as well as team orientated behavior. Strong computer and troubleshooting skills desired. Vehicle provided along with health insurance, 401K, and full range of benefits.
Please email your resume to Nicholas LaChance at:
Service Line Warranty Plan
Our parent company, New England Service Company, offers customers an affordable way to protect their water line from costly repairs. For details please visit https://newenglandservicecompany.com/service-sentinel.
New England Chapter
National Association of Water Companies
The New England Chapter – National Association of Water Companies (“NENAWC”) has established a scholarship for eligible high school students which will be administered through its Scholarship Committee. It is the intention of the Committee to award the scholarship each year to a deserving candidate.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
For proper consideration, the application must be signed and dated by the applicant and received by the noted application deadline. The following criteria must be met for scholarship consideration:
- Applicants will be a graduating High School Senior from an accredited High School or equivalent from any of the following states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are actively pursuing an approved course of study at an accredited higher education institution directly related to Drinking Water, Water Engineering, Environmental Studies or Waste Water.
- An academic GPA of 3.0 at their high school is mandatory. The relevance and rigor of the courses taken in high school shall be considered.
To be considered for this year’s award, applications must be received by February 15, 2018.
Applicants must submit a completed application form (signed and dated) and attach the following additional information:
- An official transcript from their current academic institution, including transcripts from the first half of the senior year.
- A typed and signed autobiographical sketch highlighting: accomplishments, interests, hobbies, future plans, your chosen field of study and if it will improve the environment, or public health, in particular the water industry, and explain the importance / impact the scholarship will have on you.
Through the generosity of the NENAWC Membership and Scholarship Committee, the scholarship award each year will be $1,500.
The Scholarship Committee shall review all properly completed applications and make their recommendation to the Board. The decision of the Board shall be final. In the event that there are no qualified applicant(s), the Committee shall report such information to the Board and no Scholarship will be granted in that year.
The successful applicant shall be notified of the decision of the Board and will be invited to attend a NENAWC meeting and/or event where the award shall be presented.
c/o Ms. Sheryl Fairchild
Valley Water Systems
37 Northwest Drive
Plainville, CT 06062
Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1